Friday, November 9, 2012

Washi Tape Obsession




I've got a brand new obsession - washi tapes aka masking tapes. I guess I'm 'kind of' late to this trend (cough cough :), but if it weren't for my friend Risa, I wouldn't have gotten so obsessed in the first place. She sent me my very first Paperchase washi tape (the blue one at the very bottom). And then I read a post on one of my favourite Czech blogs, which was talking about a really cool Czech washi tape e-shop. And the rest is history... Obviously my collection is still very humble, but hopefully it will grow in the not-too-distant future. :) The thing is, I'm not really a 'crafts' person. So what do I use the tapes for? Well, I love paper, stationery, notebooks... So far, I've used the tapes to decorate my Moleskine notebooks and also to spruce up some of the weekly entries. Also, washi tapes are really useful when it comes to wrapping presents. I'm sure you've seen loads of pictures of presents wrapped in simple brown paper and decorated with washi tape - it looks amazing! I plan on wrapping my Christmas presents that way this year. :)

What do you think, are you just as obsessed with washi tapes as I am? Or maybe you're even more obsessed (seriously, that video gives me major washi tape envy!)?

P.S.: Check out a really easy washi tape DIY from one of my favourite blogs (I know, I know, I seem to have many faves... I read a lot of blogs though! :).

15 comments:

  1. I love washi tapes, I have a very small collection but I do spend quite a lot of time lusting over them on the internet and filling up shopping baskets on overseas websites with tapes! (And then baulking at the shipping costs!) xo


    Rosie // A Rosie Outlook

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I kinda do the same thing! But now that I found out about the Czech e-shop I actually keep clicking 'order'... arghh! :D x

      Delete
  2. This tape is so cute. I love all the adorable prints and colours. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too, there's so many different patterns and colours to choose from... not good for my wallet!! :D x

      Delete
  3. Haha, those are really cute! I love the polka dots :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never really heard it being called "Washi" tape before but now you've got me interested!

    -Milynn
    Love-And-Whimsy Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also always just heard them being called masking tapes or mt tapes... but then more and more blogs mentioned 'washi tapes' :) x

      Delete
  5. Máš pravdu, také jsem tomu propadla, washi pásky jsou prostě nejlepší :-) měj se prima Jana

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love washi tapes.. they are so versatile, have so much potential.. endless creativity.

    ReplyDelete
  7. !!! When Christmas is coming closer and closer, I can't stop the desire to collect more different kinds of tapes to decorate the cards and gifts! (however, actually, they are more expensive then the object urrrrrr )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessss I agree Simone!! I want to buy more more more! And they're not that cheap! But they're so nice :) x

      Delete
  8. Yes, yes, washi tapes are great! I don't think you need to be especially crafty to have them. They are just pretty to have around :D

    ReplyDelete